Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Why are we here?

Sin is pretty bad.

Thievery, murder, promiscuity, cheating, lying... The list goes on. And the sad thing is we all do it. You, me, your neighbor, no one is free from sin. And the really bad thing about sin is that it separates us from the greatest reward ever: eternal life.

So then what is the purpose of life on earth?

That's a question that I have asked many people, but no one was really able to answer it with a sufficient answer. Some of the answers were:

-The only purpose of life on earth is to praise God.
My response: Then what about people who don't believe in the same God I do?

-To make the earth a better place than you found it.
My response: But doesn't the Bible explicitly state to invest in eternal things rather than finite things, like the earth?

-To fulfill God's purpose for you.
My response: What about for atheists? Did God specifically intend for them to not be saved? Is that in line with God's character? Do we then have no free will?

I have an answer to this question, but I want to see if any of you have one.


No comments:

Post a Comment