Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Europe: why is everything so small?

As some of you might know, I'm in Hungary right now. What I find strange about Europe, though (and apparently many other people do, too) is that everything is so much smaller. The cans of soda, the furniture, the streets, everything! The shops are as large as a living room (or smaller), the ovens are as large as microwaves, and the washing machines can wash only one sheet at a time!

I found myself wondering, "Why? What reason do all the Europeans have to make everything smaller? Certainly more people would buy larger items. Certainly if you sell larger items they would beat the smaller ones, right?"

I don't have an answer to all those questions. Instead, I will attempt to figure out the answer by asking Europeans (specifically Hungarians) that question:
"Would you want a larger ____? Why or why not?"

Any predictions on what the answers will be?

No comments:

Post a Comment